The poster will be on a pre-hospital care study. Pre-hospital care includes anything that happens before arrival at a definitive treatment centre.
– All finalists will be awarded a certificate endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-hospital Care carrying 1 FPAS point.
– The winner of the competition will be awarded £100 and a student membership at the Faculty of Pre-hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeon (Ed), for as long as they remain their student status.
Medical/ Nursing and Paramedic students are eligible to enter the competition. If you are unsure about your eligibility, contact us on PHC-Conference2014@hyms.ac.uk for further details
Three, but only two can present the poster.
Please send an abstract between 250 to 350 words to Sushma Venkata Datla at PHC-Conference2014@hyms.ac.uk by 15th December 2012.
Successful candidates will be notified by 20th December 2013.
-Make sure the poster dimensions are 90 cm (width) by 120 cm (height).
-Make sure the poster is legible from a distance of between one and three meters:
• Adjust lettering, lines and drawings accordingly; the title should be at least 2.5 cm high
• Author names should be clearly displayed
• Keep diagrams and tables simple
-Consider including a brief listing of the study’s aims and conclusions, it will help the viewer get a quick overview.
-Use the Vancouver referencing style.
-Do not mount your work on heavy cardboard, as it may be difficult to fix to the board.
-Have the poster fully prepared before you arrive.
-Note: adhesives will be supplied to mount your poster.
The Faculty of Pre-hospital Care, RCS (Ed) will delegate the judging panel.
Further information will be sent out to successful candidates on a nearer date.