Academic Forum – Management of Psychiatric Emergencies
HYMS PCP Academic Forums would like to invite you to: “Management of Psychiatric Emergencies”, presented by Dr Arun Kumarapatham, a registrar psychiatrist from Hull Royal Infirmary.
We will be covering:
– Awareness of simple consent issues
– Awareness of simple mental health issues
– Be able to perform a competency assessment
– Be able to understand and apply the current Mental Health Act
– Ability to perform a mental capacity assessment
– Awareness of appropriate medication
– Understand the law regarding section 136 (or equivalent) and ‘Place of Safety’
Wednesday 17th March, 6:30pm onwards
Ryton Lecture Theatre, Hull
Video Linked to Alcuin Lecture Theatre, York
Certificates of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for attendance and refreshments will be provided.